Gravitational properties of vacuumless defects in the Randall-Sundrum universe
Yu.V. Grats and A.S. Mikhaylov1
(1) Department of Theoretical Physics, M.V. Lomonosov Moscow State University, Moscow 119991, Russia
Topological defects can arise in symmetry-breaking models where the scalar field potential V(|f|) has no minima and is some monotonically decreasing function of |f|. These so-called vacuumless defects are quite different from analogous üsual" defects. We investigate the gravitational field outside a global vacuumless string and a global vacuumless monopole embedded in the brane of the Randall-Sundrum one-brane model. Leading-order corrections to the metric around vacuumless defects on the brane are determined.
For more information about this paper please visit Springer's Home Page of this paper.
- V. A. Rubakov, Phys. Uspekhi 171, 913 (2001).
- L. Randall and R. Sundrum, Phys. Rev. Lett. 83 3370 (1999).
- L. Randall and R. Sundrum, Phys. Rev. Lett. 83 4690 (1999).
- I. Cho and A. Vilenkin, Phys. Rev. D 59 021701 (1999).
- Yu. V. Grats and V. Dmitriev, Grav. & Cosmol. 12 21 (2006).
- I. Cho and A. Vilenkin, Phys. Rev. D 59 063510 (1999).
- The formation and evolution of cosmic strings, ed. by G. W. Gibbons, S. W. Hawking, and T. Vachaspati (Cambridge Univ. Press, 1990).
- A. Vilenkin and E. P. S. Shellard, Cosmic Strings and Other Topological Defects (Cambridge Univ. Press, 1994)
- I. Affleck and N. Seiberg, Nucl. Phys. B 241 493 (1984).
- I. V. Aref'eva, M. G. Ivanov et al., Nucl. Phys. B 590 273 (2000).
- G. E. Shilov, Mathematical Analysis: Second Special Cource (Moscow, Nauka, 1965).
Back to The Contents Page