Gravitational instability of perturbations in a background nonlinear nonstationary model of a disklike system. I. Sectorial modes
(1) Physical faculty, National University of Uzbekistan, VUZ-gorodok, Tashkent 100174, Uzbekistan
Using a nonstationary generalization of the Bisnovatyi-Kogan-Zel'dovich well-known isotropic model, a new model of a nonstationary self-gravitating disklike system is constructed, with an anisotropic velocity diagram. This model is formed as a linear superposition of two exact models with the same nonstationarity law. We investigate the stability of the new model under sectorial modes of perturbations up to the 10th order inclusive. The results are presented in the form of critical dependencies of the initial virial ratio on the rotation and superposition parameters. The dependences of the instability increments on the basic physical parameters of the model are presented.
For more information about this paper please visit Springer's Home Page of this paper.
- G. S. Bisnovatyi-Kogan and Ya. B. Zel'dovich, Astrofizika 6, 387 (1970).
- A. J. Kalnajs, Astrophys. J. 175, 63 (1972).
- V. A. Antonov, Uch. Zapiski of LGU 32, 79 (1976).
- J. Binney and S. Tremaine S., Galactic Dynamics (Princeton Univ. Press, XV, p. 733-746, 1987).
- A. M. Fridman and V. L. Polyachenko, Physics of Gravitating Systems (New York, Springer-Verlag, 1984).
- S. N. Nuritdinov, Dynamics of Gravitating Systems and Methods of Analytical Celestial Mechanics (Mauka, Alma-Ata, 1987), p. 65-67.
- S. N. Nuritdinov, K. T. Mirtadjieva, and Miriam Sultana, Astrofizika 51, 487 (2008).
Back to The Contents Page