On multidimensional cosmological solutions with scalar fields and 2-forms corresponding to rank-3 lie algebras: Acceleration and small variation of G
(1) Institute of Gravitation and Cosmology, Peoples' Friendship University of Russia, ul. Miklukho-Maklaya 6, Moscow 117198, Russia
In a simple multidimensional model we study the possibility of accelerated expansion of a 3-dimensional subspace combined with variation of the effective 4-dimensional constant of gravity within experimental constraints. Multidimensional cosmological solutions with m 2-form fields and l scalar fields are presented. Solutions corresponding to rank-3 Lie algebras are singled out and discussed. Each of the solutions contains two factor spaces: the one-dimensional space M1 and the Ricci-flat space M2. A 3-dimensional subspace of M2 is interpreted as our space. We show that, if at least one of the scalar fields is of phantom nature, there exists a time interval where accelerated expansion of our 3D space is compatible with a small enough variation of the effective gravitational constant G(t) (t is the cosmological time). This interval contains t0 at which G(t) has a minimum. Special solutions with three phantom scalar fields are analyzed. It is shown that in the vicinity of t0 the time variation of G(t) decreases in the sequence of Lie algebras A3, C3 and B3 in the family of solutions with asymptotic power-law behavior of the scale-factors as t® ¥. Exact solutions with asymptotically exponential accelerated expansion of 3D space are also considered.
For more information about this paper please visit Springer's Home Page of this paper.
- V. D. Ivashchuk and V. N. Melnikov, Nuovo Cim. B 102, 131 (1988).
- K. A. Bronnikov, V. D. Ivashchuk and V. N. Melnikov, Nuovo Cim. B 102, 209 (1988).
- V.N. Melnikov, Variations of constants as a test of gravity, cosmology and unified models, Grav. Cosmol. 13, 81-100 (2007).
- U. Gunther, A. Starobinsky and A. Zhuk, Phys. Rev. D 69, 044003 (2004), hep-ph/0306191.
- V. Baukh and A. Zhuk, Sp-brane accelerating cosmologies, Phys. Rev. D 73 104016 (2006).
- H. Dehnen, V. D. Ivashchuk, S. A. Kononogov, and V. N. Melnikov, On time variation of G in multidimensional models with two curvatures, Grav. Cosmol. 11, 340 (2005).
- J.-M. Alimi, V. D. Ivashchuk, S. A. Kononogov, and V. N. Melnikov, Multidimensional cosmology with anisotropic fluid: acceleration and variation of G, Grav. Cosmol. 12, 173-178 (2006); gr-qc/0611015.
- V. D. Ivashchuk, S. A. Kononogov, and V. N. Melnikov, Electric S-brane solution corresponding to rank-2 Lie algebras: acceleration and small variation of G, Grav. Cosmol. 14, 235-240 (2008); hep-th/0901.0025.
- S. B. Fadeev and V. D. Ivashchuk, 5-dimensional solution with acceleration and small variation of G, In: Proc. of the Russian summer school-seminar Modern theoretical problems of gravitation and cosmology, September 9-16, 2007, TSHPU, Kazan-Yalchik, Russia, 4pp.; arXiv:0706.3988.
- J.-M. Alimi, V. D. Ivashchuk, and V. N. Melnikov, An S-brane solution with acceleration and small enough variation of G, Grav. Cosmol. 13, 137-141 (2007); gr-qc/0711.3770.
- A.G. Riess et al., Astron. J. 116, 1009 (1998).
- S. Perlmutter et al., Astroph. J. 517, 565 (1999).
- E. V. Pitjeva, Astron. Lett. 31, 340 (2005).
- E.V. Pitjeva, in: Proc. of the Workshop on Precision Physics and Fundamental Physical Constants, December 1-4, 2009, JINR, Dubna, Russia, p.53.
- R. Hellings, Phys. Rev. Lett. 51, 1609 (1983).
- J.O. Dickey et al., Science 265, 482 (1994).
- V. D. Ivashchuk and V. N. Melnikov, Multidimensional classical and quantum cosmology with intersecting p-branes, J. Math. Phys. 39, 2866-2889 (1998); hep-th/9708157.
- V. D. Ivashchuk and V. N. Melnikov, Intersecting p-brane solutions in multidimensional gravity and M-theory, Grav. Cosmol. 2, 297-305 (1996); hep-th/961208.
- V. D. Ivashchuk and V. N. Melnikov, Sigma model for the generalized composite p-branes, Class. Quantum Grav. 14, 3001-3029 (1997); Erratum: ibid., 15, 3941-4942 (1998); hep-th/9705036.
- V. D. Ivashchuk and V. N. Melnikov, Exact solutions in multidimensional gravity with antisymmetric forms, topical review, Class. Quantum Grav. 18 R87-R152 (2001); hep-th/0110274.
- V. D. Ivashchuk, Composite fluxbranes with general intersections, Class. Quantum Grav. 19, 3033-3048 (2002); hep-th/0202022.
- I. S. Goncharenko, V. D. Ivashchuk, and V. N. Melnikov, Fluxbrane and S-brane solutions with polynomials related to rank-2 Lie algebras, Grav. Cosmol. 13, 262-266 (2007); math-ph/0612079.
- J. Fuchs and C. Schweigert, Symmetries, Lie algebras and Representations. A graduate course for physicists (Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 1997).
- A. A. Golubtsova and V. D. Ivashchuk, On calculation of fluxbrane polynomials corresponding to classical series of Lie algebras, Arxiv: 0804.0757.
- A. A. Golubtsova and V. D. Ivashchuk, On multidimensional analogs of Melvin's solution for classical series of Lie algebras, Grav. Cosmol. 15, 143-147 (2009).
Back to The Contents Page