Spherically symmetric inflation
R.S. Perez and N. Pinto-Neto1
(1) Institute of Cosmology, Relativity and Astrophysics, CBPF, R. Xavier Sigaud 150, Urca 22290-180 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
It is shown in this letter that in the framework of an inhomogeneous geometry and a massive non-self-interacting scalar field with spherical symmetry, one needs a homogeneous patch bigger than a dizain of horizons in order to start inflation. The results are completely independent of initial conditions on the spatial distribution of the scalar field. The initial condition on the metric parameters are also justified. This is a generalization of the results obtained by E. Calzetta and M. Sakellariadou : Phys. Rev. D 45, 2802 (1992), showing that their conclusions are rather robust.
For more information about this paper please visit Springer's Home Page of this paper.
- E. Calzetta and M. Sakellariadou, Phys.Rev. D45 2802 (1992).
- A. A. Starobinsky, Pis'ma Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz. 30, 719 (1979) [JETP Lett. 30, 682 (1979)]; V. Mukhanov and G. Chibisov, JETP Lett. 33, 532 (1981); A. Guth, Phys. Rev. D 23, 347 (1981); A. Linde, Phys. Lett. B 108, 389 (1982); A. Albrecht and P. J. Steinhardt, Phys. Rev. Lett. 48, 1220 (1982).
- V. F. Mukhanov, H. A. Feldman, and R. H. Brandenberger, Phys. Rep. 215, 203 (1992).
- D. S. Goldwirth and T. Piran, Phys. Rep. 214, 223 (1992).
- A. Linde, Inflation, Quantum Cosmology and the Anthropic Principle, hep-th/0211048.
- P. Laguna, H. Kurki-Suonio, and R. A. Matzner, Phys. Rev. D 44, 3077 (1991).
- H. Kurki-Suonio, P. Laguna and R. A. Matzner, Phys. Rev. D 48, 3611 (1993).
- D. Goldwirth and T. Piran, Phys. Rev. Lett. 64, 2852 (1990).
- J. A. Stein-Schabes, Phys. Rev. D 35, 2345 (1987).
- N. Deruelle and D. S. Goldwirth, Phys. Rev. D 51, 1563 (1995).
- T. Vachaspati and M. Trodden, Phys. Rev. D 61, 023502 (1999).
- A. Berera and C. Gordon, Phys. Rev. D 63 063505 (2001).
- R. Wald, General Relativity, Univ. Chicago Press (1984).
- R. Penrose, in: General Relativity: An Einstein Centenary Survey, ed S. W. Hawking and W. Israel (Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, England, 1979), p. 581; N. Pelavas and K. Lake, Phys. Rev. D 62, 044009 (2000).
Back to The Contents Page