On the calculation of the gravitational torque in measuring G by a dynamic method
Cheng-Gang Shao, Liang-Cheng Tu, Shan-Qing Yang, and Jun Luo1
(1) School of Physics, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430074, People's Republic of China
The authors of the paper , Grav. Cosmol. 16, 323 (2010), presented two methodologies for calculating the gravitational torque while measuring the gravitational constant G by a dynamic method. We have checked their calculations and found an evident error which directly leads a wrong conclusion in the paper. Besides, their discussion on the advantage of the methodology includes a logical contradiction.
For more information about this paper please visit Springer's Home Page of this paper.
- V. M. Shakhparonov, O. V. Karagioz, and V. P. Izmailov, Grav. Cosmol. 16, 323 (2010).
- K. Kuroda, Phys. Rev. Lett. 75, 2796 (1995).
- R. D. Newman and M. K. Bantel, Meas. Sci. Technol. 10, 445 (1999).
- C. C. Speake, T. J. Quinn, R. S. Davis and S. J. Richman, Meas. Sci. Technol. 10, 430 (1999).
- J. Luo, Q. Liu, L. C. Tu, C. G. Shao, L. X. Liu, S. Q.Yang, Q. Li, and Y. T. Zhang, Phys. Rev. Lett. 102, 240801 (2009).
- E. G. Adelberger, N. A. Collins and C. D. Hoyle, Class. Quantum Grav. 23, 125 (2006).
- Y. T. Chen and A. H. Cook, Gravitational Experiments in the Laboratory (Cambridge University Press, 1993).
- L. C. Tu, Q. Li, Q. L.Wang, C. G. Shao, S. Q.Yang, L. X. Liu, Q. Liu, and J. Luo, Phys. Rev. D 82, 022001 (2010).
- J. Luo, Z. K. Hu, and H. Hsu, Rev. Sci. Instrum. 71, 1524 (2000).
- Z. K. Hu, J. Luo, and H. Hsu, Phys. Lett. A 264, 112 (1999).
- S. Q. Yang, L. C. Tu, C. G. Shao, Q. Li, Q. L. Wang, Z. B. Zhou and J. Luo, Phys. Rev. D 80, 122005 (2009).
- Q. Li, L. X. Liu, L. C. Tu, C. G. Shao and J. Luo, Chin. Phys. Lett. 27, 070401 (2010).
Back to The Contents Page