The Higgs field and extra dimensions
S.V. Bolokhov1, K.A. Bronnikov2 and S.G. Rubin3
(1) Institute of Gravitation and Cosmology, PFUR, 6 Miklukho-Maklaya St., Moscow 117198, Russia
(2) Institute of Gravitation and Cosmology, PFUR, 6 Miklukho-Maklaya St., Moscow 117198, Russia
(3) National Research Nuclear University "MEPHI", 31 Kashirskoe Sh., Moscow 115409, Russia
We discuss the possible geometric origin of the Higgs field of the Standard model. A model is built where the Higgs field, along with the gauge fields, appears from off-diagonal components of the multidimensional metric. In the low-energy limit, the Higgs field potential and its interaction with the gauge fields of the electroweak theory are reproduced.
For more information about this paper please visit Springer's Home Page of this paper.
- Yu. S. Vladimirov, The Dimension of Physical Space-Time and Unification of Interactions (Moscow Univ. Press, Moscow, 1987).
- V. A. Klimenkov and Yu. S. Vladimirov, Grav. Cosmol. 10, 77 (2004).
- Yu. S. Vladimirov and S. V. Bolokhov, Gen. Rel. Grav. 37 2227 (2005).
- I. P. Volobuyev and Yu. A. Kubyshin, Teor. Mat. Fiz. 68, 225 (1986).
- M. Blagojevic, Gravitation and gauge symmetries (Institute of Physics, Bristol, 2002).
- S. G. Rubin, Sov. Phys. JETP 109 961 (2009).
- P. S. Wesson and J. M. Overduin, gr-qc/9805018.
Back to The Contents Page