Spectral characteristics of scalar higher-dimensional bremsstrahlung
(1) Department of Theoretical Physics, Moscow State University, Moscow 119899, Russia
We consider scalar higher-dimensional bremsstrahlung to explore the possibility of classical probes of extra dimensions, since higher-dimensional Minkowski space-time is a flat limit of cosmological backgrounds. The applicability of this results to models of ADD type has been proven by Galtsov, Kofinas, Spirin and Tomaras in a number of papers. We develop classical perturbation theory which describes interaction between point particles moving on the observable 3-dimensional space, that simulates a 3-brane, and mediated by scalar fields. Applying this to the scattering problem, we find that the scattering angle is finite and contrary to the corresponding quantum result. Then we calculate scalar bremsstrahlung from ultrarelativistic particles colliding in D-dimensional Minkowski space and show that the radiation loss increases as a power of the Lorentz factor of the collision, increasing with D.
For more information about this paper please visit Springer's Home Page of this paper.
- D. V. Gal'tsov and Yu. V. Grats, Teor. Mat. Fiz. 28, 201 (1976).
- D. V. Gal'tsov, G. Kofinas, P. Spirin and T. N. Tomaras, JHEP 1005, 055 (2010); arXiv: 1003.2982.
- V. A. Rubakov and M. E. Shaposhnikov, Phys. Lett. B 125, 139 (1983); Phys. Lett. B 125, 136 (1983).
- N. Arkani-Hamed, S. Dimopoulos, and G. R. Dvali, Phys. Lett. B 429, 263 (1998), hep-ph/9803315; Phys. Rev. D 59, 086004 (1999), hep-ph/9807344.
- G. F. Giudice, R. Rattazzi and J. D. Wells, Nucl. Phys. B 544, 3 (1999); hep-ph/9811291.
- R. Emparan, M. Masip and R. Rattazzi, Phys. Rev. D 65, 064023 (2002), hep-ph/0109287]; G. F. Giudice, R. Rattazzi and J. D. Wells, Nucl. Phys. B 630, 293 (2002).
- L. Randall and R. Sundrum, Phys. Rev. Lett. 83, 3370 (1999), hep-ph/9905221]; ibid., 4690 (1999), hep-th/9906064].
- D. V. Gal'tsov and P. Spirin. Grav. Cosmol. 12, 1-10 (2006), hep-th/0405121; Grav. Cosmol. 13, 241 (2007).
- G. 't Hooft, Phys. Lett. B 198, 61 (1987); I. J. Muzinich and M. Soldate, Phys. Rev. D 37, 359 (1988).
- D. Amati, M. Ciafaloni, and G. Veneziano, Phys. Lett. B 197, 81 (1987); ibid., 289, 87 (1992); Nucl. Phys. B 403, 707 (1993).
- D. V. Gal'tsov, G. Kofinas, P. Spirin, and T. N. Tomaras, JHEP 0905, 074 (2009), arXiv: 0903.3019; Phys. Lett. B 683, 331 (2010), arXiv: 0908.0675.
Back to The Contents Page