Streamlines of a perfect fluid as geodesics in Riemannian space-time
(1) Kharkov Karazin University, pl. Svobody 4, Kharkiv, 61022, Ukraine
Streamlines of a relativistic perfect isentropic fluid are geodesics of a Riemannian space whose metric is determined by the fluid enthalpy. This fact simplifies the solution of some problems, and is also of interest from the point of view of fundamental physics.
For more information about this paper please visit Springer's Home Page of this paper.
- J. Monaghan, Ann. Rev. Astron. Astrophys. 30, 5 (1992).
- J. Monaghan and D. Rice, Mon. Not. R. Astron. Soc. 328, 381 (2001).
- L. Landau and E. Lifschitz, Fluid Mechanics (Pergamon Press, Oxford, 1987).
- L. Verozub, Int.J.Mod. Phys. D 17, 337 (2008).
- S. Weiberg, Gravitation and Cosmology (John Wiley and Sons, New-York, 1972).
- S. Shapiro and S. Teukolsky, Black Holes, White Dwarfs, and Neutron Stars (John Wiley and Sons, New-York, 1982).
Back to The Contents Page