An electric analogue to gravity induced vacuum dominance
(1) Department of Theoretical Physics, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki, 541 24, Greece
It is shown that when a strong electric field is turned on as a background in a charged scalar field, the vacuum state energy of the scalar field becomes exponentially amplified. This is an analogue to gravity induced vacuum amplification, where the vacuum state energy becomes exponentially amplified for some geometries.
For more information about this paper please visit Springer's Home Page of this paper.
- S. Fulling, Phys. Rev. D 14, 1939 (1976).
- William C. C. Lima and Daniel A. T. Vanzella, Phys. Rev. Lett. 104, 161102 (2010).
- A. G. S. Landulfo, W. C. C. Lima, G. E. A. Matsas, and D. A. T. Vanzella, Phys. Rev. D 86, 104025 (2012).
- W. C. C. Lima, G. E. A. Matsas, and D. A. T. Vanzella, Phys. Rev. Lett. 105, 151102 (2010).
- B. Schoer and J. Swieca, Phys. Rev. D 2, 2938 (1970).
- J. Ambjorn and S. Wolfram, Ann. Phys. 147, 33 (1983).
- L. I. Schiff, H. Snyder, and J. Weinberg, Phys. Rev. D 57, 315 (1940).
- H. Embacher, G. GrA?bl, and R. Patek, Phys. Rev.D 33, 1162 (1986).
- G.W. Gibbons, Commun. Math. Phys. 44, 245 (1975).
Back to The Contents Page