XIIth International Conference on Gravitation, Astrophysics and Cosmology
June 28-July 5, 2015, PFUR, Moscow, Russia
The conference is dedicated to the centenary of Einstein’s General Relativity theory
Organized by the Russian Gravitational Society, Institute for Gravitation and Cosmology, PFUR,
Center for Gravitation and Fundamental Metrology, VNIIMS and Bogoliubov Laboratory of Theoretical Physics,
Supported by the Russian Foundation for Basic Research, PFUR, VNIIMS, UMass Dartmouth, Phys. Dept. and
Prof. Leung Mem. Fund and by APCTP within the APCTP-BLTP Joint Program
It is a pleasure for us to invite you to the XII International conference on gravitation,
astrophysics and cosmology to be held in Moscow, Peoples’ Friendship University
of Russia (PFUR) from June 28 till July 5, 2015
ICGAC-12 is a part of the series of biennial conferences on Gravitation, Astrophysics and Cosmology which take
place in the Asia-Pacific region, with the goals to promote cooperation among the member countries and within
an international context, high-level studies on hot topics and to encourage young physicists on these
fields. The first meeting was initiated by Prof. Yong Min Cho, Korea, one of the founders of the APCTP, in 1993.
The program of the conference includes plenary and sectional talks, posters and informal discussions
on the latest developments in the theory of gravitation, theoretical and observational cosmology and
astrophysics, gravitational experiments, fundamental constants etc.
Working languages are Russian and English.
The previous meetings were held in:
Main topics and moderators:
- Seoul, Korea (1993) at the Seoul National University
- Hsinchu, Taiwan (1995) at the National Tsing Hua University
- Tokyo, Japan (1997) at the Institute for Cosmic Ray Research, Tokyo University
- Beijing, China (1999) at the Beijing Normal University
- Moscow, Russia (2001) at the Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia
- Seoul, Korea (2003) at the Ewha Women’s University
- Jhongli, Taiwan (2005) at the National Central University
- Nara, Japan (2007) at the Nara Women’s University
- Wuhan, China (2009) at the Huazhong University of Science and Technology
- Qui-Nhon, Vietnam (2011) with the assistence of Rencontre du Vietam
- Almaty, Kazakhstan (2013) at the Al Farabi Kazakh National University
International Organizing Committee:
Vitaly Melnikov (Russia) – Chair,
- Classical Gravity, GR Extensions –
A.B. Balakin (email@example.com),
Yu.G. Ignatyev (firstname.lastname@example.org) and
Yu.S. Vladimirov (email@example.com)
- Classical and Quantum Cosmology –
A.Y. Kamenshchik (firstname.lastname@example.org),
V.N. Lukash (email@example.com),
Misao Sasaki (firstname.lastname@example.org) and
A.A. Starobinsky (email@example.com)
- Dark Matter and Dark Energy –
S.V. Chervon (firstname.lastname@example.org),
K.-I. Maeda (email@example.com) and
S.D. Odintsov (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Black Holes, Wormholes –
K.A. Bronnikov (email@example.com),
Sung-Won Kim (firstname.lastname@example.org) and
S.V. Sushkov (email@example.com)
- Strings, Branes, Higher Spin Fields and Quantum Gravity –
I.L. Buchbinder (firstname.lastname@example.org),
D.V. Gal’tsov (email@example.com),
Rong-Gen Cai (firstname.lastname@example.org) and
Sang-Pyo Kim (email@example.com)
- Extra Dimensions and Variation of Constants –
V.D. Ivashchuk (firstname.lastname@example.org) and
V.N. Melnikov (email@example.com)
- Experimental Studies of Gravity, GW and Fundamental Physics Space Projects –
Claus Laemmerzahl (firstname.lastname@example.org),
Jun Luo (email@example.com),
V.M. Mostepanenko (firstname.lastname@example.org) and
V.N. Rudenko (email@example.com)
- Relativistic Astrophysics –
G.S. Bisnovaty-Kogan (firstname.lastname@example.org),
L.M. Chechin (email@example.com) and
A.D. Dolgov (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- White Dwarfs, Neutron Stars and Gamma Ray Bursts –
H. Quevedo (email@example.com) and
R. Ruffini (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Alexander P. Yefremov (Russia) – Co-Chair,
Sang-Pyo Kim (Korea) – Co-Chair,
Alexei Starobinsky (Russia) – Co-Chair.
Medeu Abishev (Kazakhstan), Andrei Arbuzov, JINR (Russia), Gennadii Bisnovaty-Kogan (Russia), Rong-Gen Cai (China),
Yong Min Cho (Korea), D. Fursaev (Russia), Jong-Ping Hsu (USA), Jun Luo (China), Masakatsu Kenmoku (Japan),
Sung-Won Kim (Korea), Kei-ichi Maeda (Japan), Remo Ruffini (Italy), Misao Sasaki (Japan), Roland Triay (France).
International Advisory Committe:
Local Organizing Committee:
A.P. Yefremov – Chair, N.S. Kirabaev – Co-Chair; S. Bolokhov, K.A. Bronnikov, M.L. Filchenkov, A. Golubtsova,
V.D. Ivashchuk, V.V. Kassandrov, Yu.P. Rybakov, M. Skvortsova, Yu.S. Vladimirov.
Those who wish to participate in the conference are requested to fill in the online electronic
registration form or contact the scientific secretary of the organizing committee at the address:
- Armenia: E.V. Chubaryan
- Australia: David Blair, Victor Flaumbaum, Susan Scott and John Webb
- Brazil: Julio Cesar Fabris, Mario Novello, Nelson Pinto-Neto and Carlos Romero
- Belarus: A. Minkevich
- Canada: Valery Frolov and Don Page
- China: Rong-Gen Cai, Jun Luo, Xin-zhou Li
- France: Jean-Michel Alimi, Thibault Damour and Roland Triay
- Germany: Claus Laemmerzahl and Claus Kiefer
- Greece: Spiros Cotsakis
- India: Varun Sahni
- Italy: Vladimir Belinski, Salvatore Capozziello Alexander Dolgov, Alexander Kamenshchik and Remo Ruffini
- Japan: Yasunori Fujii, Masakatsu Kenmoku, Misao Sasaki and Katsuhiko Sato
- Kazakhstan: Medeu Abishev, Leonid Chechin and Ratbay Myrzakulov
- Kuwait: Elias Vagenas
- Kyrgyzstan: Vladimir Dzhunushaliev
- Uzbekistan: Bobomurat Ahmedov
- Korea: Yong-Min Cho, Sang-Pyo Kim and Sung-Won Kim
- Mexico: A. Garcia, Hernando Quevedo and V. Man’ko
- RSA: Roy Maartens, Sunil Maharaj
- Russia: A. Barvinsky, G. Bisnovaty-Kogan, J. Buchbinder, A. Yefremov, A.T. Filippov, D. Fursaev, D. Gal’tsov,
A. Grib, M. Khlopov, V. Melnikov, V. Mostepanenko, V. Mukhanov, V. Rubakov, V. Rudenko and A. Starobinsky
- Spain: Emilio Elizalde and S.D. Odintsov
- Taiwan: Chiang-Mei Chen and James M. Nester
- USA: D. Brill, Jong-Ping Hsu, Ken Nordtvedt, H.J. Paik, D. Singleton and Alexander Vilenkin
- Ukraine: Yu. Shtanov, O. Zaslavskii and A. Zhuk
- Vietnam: Nguyen van Hieu, Pierre Darriulat
Dr. S. Bolokhov
Rusian Gravitational Society,
Centre for Gravitation and Fundamental Metrology, VNIIMS,
46 Ozernaya Str., 119361, Moscow, Russia
(please also send the copy to the RGS address: email@example.com)
Deadline for registration: April 25, 2015. Earlier registration is strongly advised.
The registration fee is 150 USD. There will be reduced fees for NIS participants.
Abstracts (no more then two from each participant) should be sent to the scientific secretary
(Dr. Sergey V. Bolokhov) with a copy to
the section moderator. The abstracts, within 1 A4 page, should be prepared as LaTeX files (and can include
one eps figure), using the template (see here). Abstracts sent by fax or post will
not be accepted.
Deadline for submitting abstracts: April 25, 2015. Earlier abstracts submission is advised.
Abstracts are planned to be published before and proceedings after the conference. The proceedings of
the conference will be published by the World Scientific with the partial cosponsor UMass Dartmouth, Phys. Dept.
and Prof. Leung Mem. Fund.
The proceedings of ICGAC-12 will be published as a book by the World Scientific Publ., Singapore and sent to participants
free of charge. Sponsor is the University of Massachusetts in Dartmouth, Phys. Dept. and Prof. Leung Memorial Fund.
Please, send to the Organizing Committee 5 pages for your plenary talk and/or 2 pages for the
sectional talk according to the final Program of the Conference. Not preliminary!
Deadline of submitting papers in tex for the proceedings is October 1, 2015. Earlier submitting is welcome!
Here one can find the template for speakers to prepare their papers. Other formats will
not be accepted!!! It is the demand of WS. Please, send your papers prepared with proc9x6.tex to both e-mails:
to the scientific secretary Dr. Sergey V. Bolokhov (firstname.lastname@example.org) and
to Prof. Kirill A. Bronnikov (email@example.com).
PFUR Guest House (Hotel): a limited number of rooms. The present-day price is 2600 RUB for a double room
(may be booked by a single person at the same price). Please, point out this choice in the registration form
and/or send your request to the scientific secretary. Some not expensive possibility of living in a PFUR hostel
may be provided for students and post-graduate students.
Other nearby hotels in Moscow (reservations are made by the participants):
For getting a Visa, please fill in the online Visa form or the electronic
Visa form (MS Word document) and send this information with SCANNED copy (300 dpi, grayscale)
of your passport till April 15, 2015 (better earlier) to the following three addresses:
Using this information, we will issue and send you the official invitation which you may need to get the Russian
visa from the Russian Consulate in your country (if visa is necessary to come to Russia) or for the funding of your
participation from your National Funding Organizations.
A boat trip on Moscow river and visits to the center of Moscow (Kremlin, Red Square etc.) are planned.
Here one can find photos of excursion
made by PFUR Tourist Club.
How to reach PFUR:
Buses and minibuses uses from Moscow airports to the nearest metro stations (20 min to 1 hour). Also, from all
Moscow airports there are express trains (preferable) to metro stations:
Then by metro to the stations Yugo-Zapadnaya or Belyaevo.
- from Domodedovo to Paveletskaya;
- from Vnukovo to Kievskaya;
- from Sheremetyevo to Byelorusskaya.
Then by buses (~10 min) or on foot (~30 min) from any of these two metro stations to the stop "Peoples’
Friendship University of Russia" (in Russian: "Universitet Druzhby narodov"):
Address of PFUR Main Building: Moscow, Miklukho-Maklaya Str. 6 (3 minutes from the stop). See map of
the PFUR neighborhood here.
- Buses from Yugo-Zapadnaya to PFUR: 752, 261, 699, 196, 250;
- Buses from Belyaevo to PFUR: 752, 261.
Map and photos:
Here one can find the map of PFUR Campus and the photos of PFUR
Main Building, 12th Blocks and 10th and 14th Blocks.
Previous information - Second Announcement.
Back to the Conferences list